Introduction
Good day, readers!
I'm Karingan, a River Dragon swimmer in Portland, Oregon. You can find me floating in the Willamette and Yamhill rivers, and may even see me at the Oregon Coast from time to time. I will take events into consideration, as I am new to the scene, but if your event needs a child-friendly river dragon or mer-person, well, here I am! My hobbies include swimming, collecting rocks and gems, and crafting jewelry and trinkets. I've also been really into video games, specifically on the computer, and will stream myself playing various games on Twitch! You can kind me on Twitch at twitch.tv/karingan
So, a bit more about me on land. I'm currently 25 years old and I identify as non-binary, so I prefer to be addressed using neutral pronouns such as them/they/theirs. I have an androgynous female body, but I don't feel 100 % comfortable with it, for various reasons. Despite that, I find that I am happy with who I am now, and I will work hard to ensure that no one is dehumanized because they are different in any way.
I used to do a blog here called Lacquered Claws, where I would paint my claws every other day or so and post the results. There's still a large folder full of photos of my nail art on my computer somewhere, maybe I will post it here sometime! That blog had a lot of my musings and activity, sort f a view into my life, and I may decide to do that here as well.
By day, I am an Operations Coordinator for a nationwide AV integration company. What this means is I am the "Spreadsheet Dragon". I organize and collate reports and verify and enter data for the company, and I really enjoy it. I've been working for this company since October 2016, where I started as a temp, and was hired into corporate in February. I can see myself staying here for a while.
By night, I do various things; I go swimming at my local pools, I watch anime or animated movies (I love any animated film, I'm in awe of the artwork!), I create jewelry or make plushies, I do digital art (Which I will be posting here eventually), I play various video games (lately it's been RimWorld, Subnautica, or Dead Cells), or I play/make board and card games with my partners and friends. I even host a weekly board game night in Beaverton! Sometimes I will post about game design and ideas around lore and world building. I was involved in a podcast about worldbuilding in tabletop games or stories with my primary partner and a friend of ours, but we haven't posted or updated that yet, still working out the kinks in recording.
About partners, yes, I have multiple, because I am a polyamorous dragon. If I had to list out labels, I'm Demisexual, Panromantic, and non-monogamous. My primary partner, or anchor partner, is Argus. He and I met in 2011 and have been in various stages of "a relationship" since then. We plan to move into a place together in a couple months, and I couldn't be more excited. Other partners I may reference from time to time is Chris, who I have known since 2012 and is an absolute sweetheart, and Kimberly, a wonderfully creative and bright person who is dating both Argus and I. I'm very happy with my little family.
I may also reference kink and sexual health, since I believe both are very important to have in-depth conversations about. In high school, I have given speeches at Nike World Headquarters about human sexuality and gender. I am progressively liberal-leaning, politically, and will sometimes have discussions about what that means and why I feel that way. All in all, I am an activist, a movement-starter, and a fighter for human rights.
I hope that you enjoy my musings and discussion is always welcome!
Love and bubbles!
Karingan


Comments
Post a Comment